Header pic

Header pic

Thursday, May 23, 2019

Bringer of Peace


Bringer of Peace

Although I drown
in brainwaves of cacophonous sound,
your voice cuts through the noise
and it calms me.
Your temperament disarms me.
There will be no casualties of my confusion this day.
No victims of my wild delusions.
I am at peace.

Like a lullaby to an infant is your speech,
so never stop talking.
It is music to my ears.
I fear my savage breast may Hyde
should this melody disappear.
That your silence may be the prelude
to the violence of waking eyes 

not seeing your form where I need you to belong -
right at my side.

You did not ask to anchor me through my life's storms, 

yet here you are
keeping me moored when I'm unsure of myself 

and things as they are.
My rock. My cornerstone.
Foundation walls that form my home.
You're mama's kiss. You're papa's hug.
You are my Peace. 

-HymnAgen

No comments:

Post a Comment