Header pic

Header pic

Friday, June 22, 2018

Encyclopedia of You

Encyclopedia of You

You.
You trusted me.
You placed your heart within my hands.
I didn't know what you had given me with this key.
I only used it to unlock your surface.
I did not recognize its greater purpose.
But I've learned.
This time I see
there is more
than your surface to explore.
You granted access to your core
behind a hidden door.
Your hidden repository.
And 'though you won't
lay your volumes
open before me to read,
you've shown me they exist.
You claim I have read more
than any other before,
yet I don't recall turning those pages.
I always felt denied.
Entrusted to carry
but not trusted enough to look inside.
I've only wanted to read you aloud
so you might hear your own beauty
come through me.
That you might see you as I do
an truly understand
if I love your cliff notes,
how much more
would I love to have your books
within my hands?

-HymnAgen

No comments:

Post a Comment