Header pic

Header pic

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

FEAR


FEAR

I wrestle with what comes
across as effortless to some –
with finding words
that serve me valiantly
when my inner strength succumbs to my fears,
and gallantry
is nowhere to be found
between the heart
that feeds my mind its thoughts
and the hand
that writes them down.

My fears rest upon my balance scale
opposing my will to prevail
against concerns of being judged,
criticized, and shown no love;
vilified
by my self-consciousness –
curtailing the responsiveness
of my scribing guiding limb.
Immobilized
by my fear’s wantonness.

I cannot shake this feeling
of nakedness
when I expose
my private thoughts
and my emotions
before you all within my prose.
So I hide behind a pseudonym
and embrace avatars.
Remaining aloof sharing my truth
has best abetted me thus far.

Setting free my passion.
Sparing me from my noose.
Therapy for anxieties

I have nurtured since my youth.


-HymnAgen
Share on Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment