Header pic

Header pic

Saturday, August 16, 2014

An Ode to My Peers, The Urban Poets

It’s been a rollercoaster ride
since I decide to share
my poems in the cybersphere.

And through that medium
I’ve discovered peers
who love this medium
for their emotions paired
with kindred spirits –
masters of prose and lyrics –
speaking to each other’s souls.

Do you hear it?

Encouraging each other’s roles
as voices for the world’s humanity.
As voices for those embroiled in the insanity
of day-to-day survival,
but unable to find the words
to describe in their own voices
all the things they’ve seen,

and heard,

and felt

as my peers do
with eloquence and humility:

Giving birth to dialogue
from the seeds of soliloquies
initially meant to vent
our own frustrations and triumphs.

Yet through the universal nature
of the human situation
our voices break the silence
of the muted.

We find ourselves spokesmen
of the gamut of human emotions
through compositions
others might read and/or listen
to and find new hope in.

My Brothas and Sistas,
y’all got me open!
I thank you for what you do,
and I pray one day
the world will too.

-HymnAgen

Share on Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment