Header pic

Header pic

Thursday, August 28, 2014

Breaking the Block



Alone with my thoughts
I cavort with my muses
to recover the inspiration
that has been so elusive of late.

With pen at the ready, I wait
for word play to surge like flood gates
have been opened.

I pray like sowed seed
for this drought to be broken
allowing thoughts to flourish,
to nourish dry sheets with wet ink
like parched earth –
letting each word I birth sink into its fibers,
creating a record.
A snapshot in time
preserving a piece of my mind.

Recognizing my efforts
as if they have some intrinsic value to humanity.

But maybe that’s just my vanity speaking –
My ego’s fear of being forgotten
as if I was never here.

Because what I hold dear
is what I will never see
with my own eyes:
That being my own legacy prized
In the future.
Recommended reading
for learning institutions
discussed at poetry club meetings and the like.

A lofty place to set my sights upon.

I don’t know if that’s right or wrong,

but it’s honest.

-HymnAgen

No comments:

Post a Comment