Header pic

Header pic

Friday, August 29, 2014

First They Came...Again

Why should I be made to feel
like my ordeal is somehow not real –
as if it lacks validity.

Look, I don’t need you to pity me.
I didn’t make this sh!t up!

Is it ignorance, stupidity,
or moral insensibility
that won’t let you wake up
and smell the danger?

Instead of shaking your head
at me when I take to the streets in anger,
why don’t you ask me
if it’s true that the police harass me?

Why don’t you question
cops need for military grade weapons?

Who knows you might be the next one
to endure their wrath.
You might be the right race,
but damned sure the wrong class.

Sometimes the only thing keeping them off of yo @ss
is having blacks and browns around to pound into the ground.
Ya dig? Or did you forget about those
Occupy Wall Street kids already?


-HymnAgen

Share on Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment