Header pic

Header pic

Thursday, August 21, 2014

LADY

Did you mute the RJM Lounge Player first?


Sista, I do not need to see the tops of your breasts bare
to know they’re there,

nor the flesh of your cheeks where butt and thighs meet
to know you have a bangin physique.

My days of roamin the street
lookin for women to meet dressed like freaks
are far behind me.
That garb only reminds me
of how trifling I used to be.

Now, I know each of you is able
to bring more to the table
than I used to give credit for,
but stable employment and ambition,
titles and positions
might as well be breasts and cheeks, too,
if used to accomplish the same mission.

Sista, are you listening?

I'm looking for a queen, not a vixen.
I want a partner, not competition
who's always trying to put my pants on
attempting to lock me up in the kitchen
barefoot and metrosexualized…
Huh, neva that.

The woman I've conceptualized is
neither nor. They're too extreme.
I love y’all somewhere in between –
displaying your self-esteem like plumage:

With your shoulders back.

and head held high.

Sexy regality displayed in every stride you take
with that pendulous ladylike gait –
Leaving somethin to my imagination
without looking colder than a battle hardened soldier
in corporate uniforms with broad, padded shoulders.

I want to bathe in the rays of your femininity,
and behold you in your wondrous femaledom
as it was meant to be fully appreciated by all
who are blessed to be in the presence of – a LADY.


-HymnAgen

Share on Tumblr

No comments:

Post a Comment